GOOD LIFE - Happy Heritage Day

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

happy heritage day

Disaster has struck! I am planning a braai tonight (never mind that it is already cold here in Switzerland) and I went all the way across town to the butcher I know who lived in Cape Town for a few years and knows how to make boerewors - only to find out he is sold out! His only saving grace was that he had biltong! 

In addition to making all the braai meat classics (lamb sosaties, steak, peri peri chicken and mielies) I found great recipes on The Pretty Blog for salads (this one and this one) and for the first time I am making "melktart". I have already made three mistakes in the recipe (so you most likely you won't be seeing any photos of the tart) and I am thinking my plan B will be ice cream chocolate sauce aka the Spur Classic we all grew up with!

Needless to say, I want to wish you all a very proudly South Africa Heritage Day and I am going give up on cooking and to stick with cool crafts like this awesome welcome banner I made for our door for my SA braai I hosted earlier this year in our summer.


My door sign made from cardboard and vinyl stickers from the hardware.


Bright and Bold South African Themed Table


Table Setting complete with gerberas, sunflowers and little African Animal figurines.
Lamb and Apricot sosaties I made from scratch (so proud)


Water Balloon Fights
 

Animal Butt Magnets and a Zulu Thank You Tag

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger