GOOD LIFE - Little Sailor

Saturday, July 7, 2012

ahoy!

I mentioned before that my friend Celeste in London is having her son's first birthday next week and the theme is all nautical, so for the past few weeks I think I have made her life miserable as I keep forwarding her even more cool ideas that I find on the internet. I have made her promise to send us photos - but I thought you might be keen to see some of my favourite ideas I sent through...

IDEA 1 - Sail Away Printables
The first collection I ever had Paper & Cake design for In Good Company was the Little Sailor Printable Party Collection. It is now three years later still a favourite with customers world wide. The colours are classic red, blue and white and includes so many items! (A personal favourite are the boat shaped place cards).


IDEA 2 - Sea Props
Looking at lots of nautical party photos made me realise that there are a number of things that you can use for décor that will not break the budget, give you the look and you can get from the local hardware store:
- thick rope - use like one would ribbon for making bunting or tying around vases for an easy table centrepiece
- river pebble stones - use Tippex to write on names for place cards or food buffet labels
- wooden crates - perfect to create height on the dessert table or for table centrepieces
- wooden planks - paint on to make directional signs

Other decor items to look out for (Mr Price Home always seems to have these goodies) or you can hire from us too.
- tin buckets - fill with flowers or sweets
- wooden boats or lighthouses - to decorate the tables or photo booth props
- white shells or starfishes - for centrepieces or decorate favour boxes


IDEA 3 - All Aboard Paperware
With the Queen's Jubilee and the Olympics a few weeks away, I don't think Celeste will struggle to find red, white or blue paper cups and plates, and if you like this theme we just received this collection from Meri Meri.


IDEA 4 - Lifesaving Napkin Rings
Totally loved this idea spotted here - it just shows that with a roll of twine and sweets you can make anything into something special!


IDEA 5 - Sailor Sweet Buffet
Luckily for Ethan, Celeste is an amazing baker, and I sent her Amy Atlas's new Sweet Designs book for her birthday so I am sure it is going to be incredible! Amy's blog has quite a few nautical tables to be inspired by, I liked this one the best, mostly because of the clean lines and that it is one that someone could "really" do.

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger