GOOD GUIDE - Kids Party Advice

Monday, July 16, 2012


party bricks

The Story of the Little Pigs has a few good lessons that even us party planners can learn from. The most notable being that if you are willing to spend a bit more time and energy to build your party, you will reap the rewards for many years to come. 


KIDS PARTY RULE NO. 9 - Building A Party Basics

Every time I plan a party whether it be for my family or friends, I try to keep in mind future parties. Therefore, I dedicate a portion of my budget and my time to the "bricks" of the party that I will be able to use over and over again. It seems I have always had a cupboard of party supplies (even when I was a teenager!) and slowly but surely it has become a treasure trove of goodies (my husband would joke it now is a small house) that I use over and over again!

My Top 8 Good Things for building your party house:
1. A colour desktop printer with a backup stash of ink and 160gsm white paper, you can then create your party stationery (and theme) from one of our 60 plus party printables.
2. A large white cotton tablecloth that fits your table completely all the way down to the floor. Then all you need to add some colour are our fabric runners that we hire out from R15 each.
3. Start off with two medium to large sized glass hurricanes perfect to use as vases or candle holders or sweet jars, I’ve even created mini under the water scenes in them too!
4. A set of 8 (more if you tend to host large parties) white dinner plates, side plates and bowls. Next consider buying a set of 8 white melamine plates and cups for kids.
5. A set of 8 to 12 clear wine glasses, and then build up your collection to include hi ball glasses, beer glasses, whiskey tumblers, champagne flutes etc.
6. A silver cutlery set with the typical forks, knives, spoons, teaspoons. And then the next thing on the list would be salad servers and I always seem to need more teaspoons.
7. White rectangular/square platter plates – preferably two of each or four of a kind. These are ideal to display anything from cocktail rolls to cupcakes.
8. A large white round pedestal cake stand, bonus points if you get one that comes with a glass dome. 

Do you have a party "cupboard"? What are your party "bricks"?

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger