GOOD FORTUNE - Sweet Table Contest

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

shortlisted!

Yeah! We are so thrilled as we just got word that Vanessa and Taryne's Circus Sweet Dessert table has been shortlisted as one of the finalists for the 2011 Sweet Table Contest. If you missed the first photo of the table - you can go check it out here. But we thought you would want to see more, lots more. So Vanessa kindly sent through a whole batch of pics but also her inspiration and ideas behind the table! I seriously think Vanessa and Taryne should give up their day jobs and become professional Sweet Table Sytlists - they could be the Amy Atlas of SA - what do you think?

THE INSPIRATION
As described by Vanessa:
I was thinking of a party for Nina say cheese's 1st birthday and then the candy table contest came along. I've always loved circus as a party theme - the whole circus experience is so festive. I kept the main colours the same as the original set (Nina Say Cheese Studio) but I decided to suspend the table for fun - playing on how the tent is held up with rope, the trapeeze etc. the rope is repeated on the cake again. The circus floor was used as a table covering- I stuck it down onto the suspended table. I also wanted to used a spot light as they do in the circus, so I brought in my old light
 
The poodle is another element used to tie everything together - on the floor, cup cakes, on the cake. The cake pops are pushed into a white top hat with a red band - (you can't see it too clearly). Taryne helped with the food prep and styling - I love the use of the different levels - from the small toffee apple stands to the tall glass stand with meringues.

The bunting motif is repeated too: in the drum and the round pedestal as well as under the cupcakes. I love the multi colour jelly beans with flavours like cinnamon and liquorice and I LOVE the two clowns as a welcome to the table (goodies from In Good Company, Taryne's and my own).

THE CREATION
click image to make bigger
THE DETAILS

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger