GOOD PLAN - Cowboy Party Decorations

Sunday, June 19, 2016

on the ranch

Here are some cool cowboy party decoration ideas I put into practice...

TEE PEE
For Bailey's cowboy birthday party it worked out perfectly that it was over the Swiss summer, so I was able to get her for her birthday present a play tent teepee that doubled as a cool gift for the warm evenings and decor for her party! I bought it from Cath Kidston online but I have seen many a Pinterest picture showing how you can DIY your own.

 
FIREPIT
At the last minute I had the idea of making a fake fire as I spotted the wooden logs in our garage the day of set up, so I quickly cut out some paper flames. (I would totally recommend either make these from tissue paper or hard cardboard - as you can see paper alone just doesn't work that well).

 
BUNTING
No party is complete without it! Here my mom mixed all different patterns of red, white and blue, stars and stripes. For this set she just used pinking shears, yay! no sewing required and threaded the sewn seams with bakers twine.
 
 
COWBOY RANCH
This little table centrepiece from Meri Meri was great. The little horses spin around at the top and there where lots of extra horses, cowboys and cacti that I used to decorate other table centrepieces too. More about the flowers tomorrow...
 

HAYBALES
What I really wanted for the party decor were haybales, and you hink with all the Swiss farms around us tese woudl be super easy to source. SO not the case! Therefore, if you are thinking of going to haybale route I would recommend lookig erly and seeing if they will transport them as well. I hadn't had concrete plans of what I was going to do with them, so they weren't sorely missed - but I would say if you are going to go to all the effort then be sure to use them to their full advantage.

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger