GOOD LOOKS - Octoberfest Invitation

Saturday, September 20, 2014

einladung*

Today kicks off the start of the official Oktoberfest in Munich and on our blog. The classic colours of this Bavarian festival is blue and white in a harlequin pattern; but it is pretty hard to find partyware along these lines outside of Germany (I did manage to pick up a few here in the German side of Switzerland). However, this forced me to get creative and to think outside the box and in the end I was pretty impressed with the overall look. So, starting off with the invite:


I used our Meri Meri fill-in Blue and White Invitations that we stock and simply added a pretzel to the twine to make it look "oktoberfestive". Proving that your actual invitation need not be theme specific, and that if you get the right colours all you need to do is add a little tag/figurine/ornament/sticker that suits the theme to the invite.

p.s. thought I would share some German vocabulary with each post - I always joke that I can't speak German or very little and not surprisingly the German I do speak is "party related".

*EILADUNG = INVITATION

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger