UP TO GOOD - The Oscars

Sunday, March 2, 2014

five fun things for the oscars

It is Oscar night! And whilst it is just Liam and I watching the actual show, I thought I would share five fun ideas I did for my girls for the early evening.

1- YOU'RE INVITED
Everyone loves being "officially" invited to an event. So, I cut and pasted an image of Audrey Hepburn with her Oscar for the front of my invite with some gold stickers. This idea of featuring a black and white photo on the front is a good idea if you are having a birthday or anniversary celebration too.


2 - MAKE YOUR OWN OSCAR
I spotted this on Pinterest and think it came out really well. I spray painted one of the girls' old Ken dolls and stuck him to a black plastic plant pot. Now he looks fab as Oscar - and the perfect addition at the door to welcome guests or on the table as a centrepiece.


3 - "I WON!"
For photo booth fun, I had the girls dress in pretty "evening gowns", paint their nails, wear glitter stars in the hair and sport sunnies. Then, they got to pretend to win an Oscar and practice their acceptance speech. I am totally convinced adults will love this just as much!



4 - SPECIAL SEATING
I made little signs to stick to the back of chairs instead of place cards - and then shuffled our lounge around a bit to look like a cinema.
 

5 - EXCLUSIVE VIEWING
As Room on the Broom is nominated for Best Animated Short Film this year; we had a mini movie night (25 minutes to be exact!). For adults, watch one of the Best Picture nominations (or one of the previous winners) to pass the time till the actual awards ceremony begins.

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger