UP TO GOOD - Our Valentine's Day

Sunday, February 16, 2014

red and sweet

The girls and I had a mini Valentine's Buffet, and whilst the date has already past for your Valentine' s Day celebrations, I thought the photos would inspire you to put together an impromptu sweets table for any special (or not so special) occasion.


GOOD IDEAS:
- We made a garland in minutes, by sticking some ribbon to the wall and then flapping over some colourful envelopes and mini cards. One could just as easily use any cards: if it is a birthday you may already have a lot to use and show off and if it is an anniversary you most likely have lots of photos you can print and peg on.


- Total sum of flowers used? Three tulip stems! The secret here is to buy attractive white/glass bud vases and to buy your flowers a few days before the event - that way they are in full bloom on the day.



- Use what you have: The plates, glasses, cutlery are all standard stock items I have in my house, and the red and white napkins were left over from Christmas.




- I collect cake stands, so I had a few to use, but if you don't have many, just turn over a bowl and place a plate on top! Here I also used bowls to elevate other items so as to create height with minimal effort.
 

- For the food as it was just us three girls there was no need to have loads of goodies. So to avoid this I arranged more than one item on the cake stands. As well as, I bought items that easily keep: biscuits and meringues.
 




- My favourite project? I made the food picks. I bought a MOTEX label maker from the stationery store and had a great type punching out letters and sticking them to toothpicks. A great tool to use for invites and place cards too.

Hope you had a LOVE-ly day too!

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger