GOOD LIFE - My Boxing Day Trial Run

Monday, December 16, 2013

christmas cheer in a box


-->
This year we are having Christmas at the coast and I am so excited! But it is going to prove to be a little tricky that I will not be at home and therefore have everything on hand to pull off a pretty table. Fortunately, I don’t have to worry about the menu as I have already told myself and all our guests that Woolworths is doing the catering!



With this in mind, this weekend I decided to do a little practice run with our Sunday Roast Lunch in terms of the décor. The challenge being what can I use that I can easily fit into a small bag…



So here is the result, the budget breakdown and some little tips along the way.



CHRISTMAS CHEER

The theme of the table I went for was Santa and his Reindeer. The main colours were naturally red and white, with a few pops of greenery, and our Christmas Cheer range perfectly suited this look.



TABLE LINEN AND TABLEWARE

The dining room was immediately transformed by using my red tablecloth from IKEA (but In Good Company JHB also hires out cloths and runners), and I would strongly suggest going with a big bright base like this.



No need to worry about fancy dinnerware, I used typical white dinner plates, side plates, cutlery and glasses as I am pretty sure the holiday house we are renting will only have these, and then I added this party ware for a bit of fun and colour:



CHRISTMAS CHEER PAPER CUPS R30

CHRISTMAS CHEER PAPER PLATES R35
CHRISTMAS CHEER NAPKINS (12) R50

CHRISTMAS CHEER PLACE CARDS R40

CHRISTMAS CHEER STRAWS AND FLAGS R55 

CHRISTMAS CHEER GLASS TOPPERS R30



DECORATIONS AND CENTREPIECES

I strung up the Christmas Cheer Bunting (there is also a Mini version) and the white pot planters and green ivy wreaths were from IKEA – but in South Africa I am going to get potted poinsettia plants from Woolworths I spotted online. Then, I added some little details: recycled clear glass vases with Amaryllis flower heads, some of my girls’ toy reindeer and a few mini red honeycomb baubles.



CHRISTMAS CHEER BUNTING R110

HONEYCOMB RED BAUBLES (SET OF 4) R60



FUN AND GAMES

I had everyone dress up (I found some cool Christmassy props from Claire’s last year) but the Christmas Cheer Props and Camera set works just as well! And then in my next post I am going to share with you the hit game we played at the lunch – and best of all you can do it too for free!


PROPS FROM CLAIRES, FOR SOMETHING SIMILAR:
CHRISTMAS CHEER PROPS AND CAMERA R110



OVERALL

I am quite pleased with the look. It definitely says “Christmas” and the girls loved it – so I am sure it is going to be a big hit come Boxing Day and at just over R500 I think this "Boxing Day Party in a Box" is a good deal.

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger