GOOD LOOKS - New Years Lunch Table

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

pigs and polka dots


THE LINEN
Our outdoor patio table was set for the NYE luncheon not actually using real "linen" so to speak. The table runner was in fact a roll of Christmas wrapping paper gold-on-gold polka dots. The napkins were red and white striped paper ones, and then instead of napkins rings and place cards, I pinned these German tags with pearl pins to each napkin.


THE CENTREPIECE
For the centrepiece, I created a miniature "farm". I filled a wooden crate with moss and then added in a mini terracotta pot with real clovers inside, mushrooms and toy pigs. Notice how I made the pigs look less "toy-box" by adding gold polka dots to them. 


I also filled some white painted glasses with pink and red tulips, and then added in some mushrooms too to make them look fuller as I only bought one bunch of each...


THE PLACE SETTING
The little terracotta pots did double duty as mini arrangements at each place setting and also as take-home "good luck for the New Year" party favours. I noticed in a lot of florists they add pearl pins to the arrangements to create a bit of interest, so I thought I would test it out - and then for these new year ones I also added a ladybird as these are good luck symbols too!

 
NEW YEARS DAY LUNCH SERIES The Inspiration The Invitation The Decoration
The Food
The Drinks

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger