BAD LOOKS - A Monter High Halloween Decorations

Friday, October 26, 2012

daring décor

With the "big reveal" of the Monster High Halloween Dessert Table tomorrow, today I thought I would show oyu some close ups of the décor elements that I included. All of these items can easily be translated to an actual sit down table itself.

The Backdrop
Here I finally used the ornate would-you-believe-it plastic frame I bought 3 years ago from IKEA. I have been meaning to use so many times, and now it got a great debut! I didn't hang it on the wall but just leaned it against it, and then stuck a few creepy spiders alongside (a must for any Halloween themed party).


The Centrepieces
Every dessert table has one or two arrangements incorporated with the food and/or drinks. I was inspired by the "high school" element of the party, and stacked a pile of old books. On the other side of the table I placed a small typical school chalkboard and wrote "punishment lines" and added a pumpkin. And lastly, inside a glass bell jar I placed a plastic skull I bought from the toy store.



The Flowers
I kept the flowers to a minimum, and simply placed inside one tall (IKEA again) white vase, a black satin rose and another shorter white vase the black leaf from the rose and some black netting (which I up-cycled as it was actually the packaging that the black spiders came in!). In addition, I had some apple candles (you guessed it - from IKEA) that I placed on top of baroque candlesticks.


The Little Extras
And to complete the theme, I added in some Monster High stickers to mini chalkboard labels, some food picks and themed paper napkins. oh! And how creepy is that slimy slug I found!


Tune in tomorrow for the overall look!
 
A MONSTER HIGH HALLOWEEN SERIES
The Inspiration
The Invitation 

The Welcome - Door Sign

The Welcome - ID Badges and Class Photos

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger