GOOD LOOKS - Princess and the Pea Party

Friday, May 25, 2012

sweet "pea"onies

Our next idea in our Princess and the Pea party is a fluffy floral one. Luckily for me, it is peony season so I picked up a bouquet from our local supermarket (but I also spotted them on the side of the road!).


The pink and fluffy peonies perfectly suited our colour scheme and theme and were aptly called "pea-onies" but one could equally use sweet peas for the same look and play on words. 


The additional pea element are those little coloured gel water beads that you buy and use these to anchor the flowers and fill up a glass vase or apothecary jar. My girls had so much fun "making" the peas. All you do is full up a glass vase with water, pop the beads in and wait for a few hours. I am not too sure how long the process lasts (the instructions were in German) but I have seen these in most florists in South Africa and in all colours and sizes. 

The gel beads are a really good idea for when you want to add a pop of colour to a table and you will use a lot less flowers. I also particularly think they are well suited to "boy" occasions were masses of blooms would just not be appreciated.

The Princess and the Pea Party posts:

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger