GOOD GUIDES - Inspired Catalogues

Saturday, March 10, 2012

inspiration inside

Last year, I was delighted to take part of The Package Project organised by Cupcake Couture. It was so much fun and I was so lucky to be partnered with Gaby from Cap Classique and Vicky from I Want That. My parcel arrived way in time for Christmas, but I have been very slack in mentioning it on the blog largely because I lost my camera and because many of the items were actually the inspiration behind our new catalogues that I didn't want to give too much away (hence the reason why even now I have omitted one or two items as they are still "top secret").

It is amazing how one little thing can spark one's imagination and create a whole theme for a room, an event and in this case our catalogues. Gaby sent such awesome things in my little pressie that you can see why I was immediately keen to use these as "jump off points" for the In Good Company Good Guides for 2012. 

And that is a really GOOD PARTY TIP: if you are not sure of what "theme" that you want to do, why not put together a little box of a few of your favourite things and see where it leads you to!

MY PACKAGE PROJECT PARCEL

THE GOODIES
Gaby sent a little silver tea strainer in a heart shape, an old vintage teacup and saucer and a fabric heart. 


THE GUIDE
Immediately, I realised that this was just the thing to base our January and February Valentine's Day Catalogue, and so a trip to the tea salons of Paris was created.

Good Guide 2012 High Summer - Bonne Et Compagne

THE GOODIES
Gaby sent a mince pie scented candle (I hinted I would love mince pies but not likely the Swiss would let food in the box!) and a gold Pantone postcard. The "industrial" metallic tin and the Pantone chip actually inspired two photo shoots: one for Wedding Inspirations magazine (can't give to much away but think paper and porcelain) and our hire catalogue.

Good Weddings Guide 2012: Vintage Romance, Handmade Rustic and Glamourous Whimsy - out next week
Wedding Inspirations - see the soon-to-be released Autumn Issue 2012
Hire Catalogue 2012: DIY DECOR - out next week


THE GOODIES
What with the Queens Jubilee and the Olympics in early June and July, it was a given that we would be having a very British Mothers Day and Autumn/Winter. So these little I Love London cupcake liners started a shopping spree - that is still taking place...


THE GUIDE
Mothers Day Guide 2012 and Autumn/Winter 2012 - work in progress...

All I can say, thanks so much for Gaby for my lovely gift that really made my Christmas Day and this year! And I can't wait for the project at the end of the year, so be sure to be on board when Nadia shares the details over at her blog.

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger