THE REAL GOOD LIFE

Friday, September 4, 2009

on the farm

REAL GOOD PARTY ADVICE

I made my own “Amy Atlas” inspired Dessert Buffet:

As I am no baker, and it was just the four of us, I made a “centrepiece” instead of a cake out of fabric boxes (keepsake boxes that were already in Bailey’s nursery), added some fake grass and cute wooden daisies. Imagine if this was a cake!

My Christmas glass jars were filled with all pastel shaped sweets, chocolates and biscuits.

For flower arrangements, I bought garden tea roses from the supermarket, repotted these in my orchid ceramic pots. What is so nice about having used garden flowers instead of cut, is that I am going to replant these in my balcony window boxes to enjoy throughout the year and remember this special day!

Instead of packets for guests to fill with candy, I used my old jam jars decorated with pretty fabric.

For the backdrop I “loaned” my daughter’s nursery curtain (it desperately needed ironing anyway!) and for the pictures these are actually wall stickers – which are reusable! The HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner is also from the Partiesbyhardie set.

more to come…

0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger